We had a gorgeous time this Saturday at the boxing & brunch workshop! So much great boxing done, improving technique, stamina and combos! There will definitely be more of these, as everyone had a great time! Check our the recipes from brunch below & be inspired to recreate at home!
Curried Chickpeas & Lentils:
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, or whatever oil you cook with
- 1 cup of soaked chickpeas
- 1 cup of soaked lentils
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 can or cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of: cumin, curry powder, garam masala
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add the onion to a hot pan with the garlic and coconut oil, and fry until fragrant and golden.
- Add the tomato paste, spices, soaked chickpeas and lentils, and stir together.
- Add the coconut milk, stir and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes, depending on how thick you like it. The longer it simmers the thicker the sauce.
PS: this is also great with different vegetables, legumes, or vegan meat, as a full curry, served over rice or quinoa.
- A cup of each soaked / jar of beans (or any you prefer): kidney, chickpea, white…
- 5 large celery stalks, chopped into pieces
- 1 large carrot, spiralled or chopped how you like
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 2 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 tablespoon of tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix together the mustard, tahini, lemon juice, vinegar & olive oil together to make the dressing, and mix into salad.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa: to cook: place in boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes or until recommended on packet.
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pack violife vegan feta cheese, chopped
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, syrup, salt & pepper, and mix into the salad.
Pina Colada Smoothies
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk (carton, add more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Whiz up in a blender and you’re good to go!