What is better. A super tasty and hearty dish, that can be used with anything from salads, to the traditional spaghetti and even alone. Delicious! Lentils are a huge protein source, and with all the vegetables in this dish, it is perfect for your health goals.
- Vegetables – I used peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes onions
- Garlic – 2-4 cloves, chopped
- 1 jar of red lentils, or a cup of pre soaked red lentils
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano / handful of fresh
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil / handful of fresh
- 2 cups of tomato sauce – either from tins, or blended tomatoes
- Add the vegetables and spices to a pan, with a little oil, and cook until softened (around 5 minutes).
- Add the lentils and tomato sauce to the pan, and leave to simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Add the spinach and basil, and stir in at the end.
- Serve with spaghetti, avocado, or a fresh salad!