Wow. A flavour explosion! I have never had much experience cooking with Tempeh, but what a delight! It soaks up flavour, the consistency is perfect, and it is full of protein – plant based POWER house!
This recipe is so easy, and I was shocked at how many different flavours came from something so simple. The tangy sauce can be used for so many other things too – it would make a great salad dressing.
2 blocks of Tempeh
1 tbsp Fresh ginger
3 cloves of Garlic
3 tbsp sesame oil
10 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp water
Handful of chopped Courgette (or snap peas)
3 green/spring onion
250g brown rice noodles
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1. Cut the tempeh into ½-inch cubes. Remove the skin from the fresh ginger. Mince the fresh ginger and garlic. In a mixing bowl, combine the fresh ginger, garlic, and half of each the sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir together, and then add in the tempeh cubes. Let the tempeh marinate while preparing the other ingredients.
2. Rinse the cucumber and dice into bite-size chunks. Rinse the courgette & cut into slices. Rinse and dice the green onion(s).
3. In a small bowl, combine the water, rice vinegar, tahini, remaining soy sauce & remaining sesame oil. Stir together until well mixed.
4. Bring a sauce pan or wok up to medium heat. (If not using oil, use a non-stick pan.) Add in the tempeh and marinade, and cook until the tempeh is browned and crispy in places (5-7 minutes).
5. Prepare the brown brown rice noodles according to the cooking instructions on the box.
6. To plate: Place the brown rice noodles in the bowl first, and drizzle with some of the tahini dressing. Then, top with the tempeh, vegetables, green onion & enjoy!