I love curries. I love to keep it simple with food too, things that are going to be easy on my stomach, and keep me feeling good. This is perfect for that, and refreshingly light too! The flavours are delicious, and it takes so little time to make.
Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. Many high-quality studies show that it has major benefits for your body and brain too! It’s a huge anti inflamer – which is fantastic for your body. Check out more benefits here!
- 1 cup long grain white rice cooked in water and vegetable broth
- 1 13.5-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 a head of broccoli, chopped in florets
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped in florets
- 2 teaspoon curcuma/turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or water
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red onions, chopped
- Cilantro/Coriander, for garnish
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium-low heat. Once it’s fully melted, add in the garlic, mushrooms and onion. Let simmer until the onion is translucent and the garlic starts to turn brown. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the can of coconut milk and 1/2 cup of filtered water, and bring to a boil. Let boil for about 3 minutes. Add 2 teaspoon turmeric powder, two bay leaves, and another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes, then lower the heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste the coconut milk broth and add more salt and pepper if desired, and a pinch of red chili flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Serve with long grain white rice and top with cilantro and lime juice.